Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm Rich!!!!!!!

This morning I sat down to balance the checkbook and pay bills since I just got paid. The thrill I usually get at the beginning of the month when my fat paycheck gets direct deposited was quickly gone when I realized that this month may be tight since M was moved to the tiny weekend shift and that as long as it is raining, no one is going to call to get their carpets cleaned. I'm so tired of being poor. I wish I could go to mall and just buy myself a cute pair of heels just because. Well, not just because. Because I actually could use a new pair to replace my other pair of boring black heels that I have had reheeled so many times...

But then I went to church today during lunch. I am trying to go Fridays since going on Sundays seems near to impossible. The priest spoke about Mother Teresa and how when she visited the US she said that although we were one of the richest countries in the world, we were all very poor. Although materialistically we are wealthy, we are poor spiritually. Smack!! Just smack me in the face why don't you.

We are getting by and taking care of what is important. I am wealthy in many ways. The most important treasures in my life are my beautiful and healthy children, my blessed marriage with a man that truly loves me and tells me I am beautiful everyday, a roof over my head and four strong walls to keep us all safe and sound. I am rich because I have a job when so many people of all economic levels cannot seem to find one and I have peace and happiness in my mind and heart that allow me to sleep soundly at night. What more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITEMETER

BACKGROUND