Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I remember...

...when mom would come up with a dollar and take us to Hamburger Hut on Alameda. She would send me in to get a burger that I would have to share with Ninet and Edgar. I always wanted more but never dared to ask.
...when we would go to Juarez in the van as soon as we got out of school to go fill up both tanks with diesel since it was cheaper over there.
...before we ever had a VCR, I would put my old boom box up to the speakers of the tv and record my dad's favorite novela so he could hear it in his truck when he was working/driving.
...when Janeth and I would save our money so we could walk to the Hello Kitty store on Figueroa.
...going on a road trip with my family, falling asleep before we ever made it out of El Paso, knowing that we would be there safe and sound when I woke up since mom and dad would drive all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITEMETER

BACKGROUND